Through a systematic approach getwater sets out to facilitate behaviour change in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the selected communities, while also creating a tremendous environmental impact. We aim to not only provide safe drinking water for 250.000 beneficiaries but also reduce CO2 emissions and improve air quality by replacing boiling of water as main water treatment method with Solar water disinfection with WADI, introducing a clean and sustainable solution for water disinfection to more than 50.000 families in rural communities without incurring running costs and harming the environment.
Relying on its easy-to-use and environmentally friendly solution for water disinfection - the WADI device, getwater provides safe drinking water to thousands of families across India, Africa and South East Asia – creating high social, economic and environmental impact. Its innovative technological approaches and advanced project design ensures high SDG impact. The base pillars of all getwater projects are water for all, sustainable project design and long- lasting impact.
Our projects have significant social, economic and environmental impacts for families living in underprivileged communities in India and Africa:
- Providing safe drinking water
- Raising awareness for water disinfection, hygiene and sanitation (WASH measures) in rural communities.
- Systematic change of household water treatment by introducing SODIS in combination with WADI as effective, sustainable, cost-efficient and environmentally friendly method.
- Empowerment of women as primary provider of safe drinking water.
- Improve air quality and save CO2 emissions
- Reduction incidence of waterborne diseases.
- Reduction of Indoor Air Pollution.
- Protection of local forest coverage
- Awareness raising on proper waste management
- Reduction of health costs per family members – that is 10% of net household income per month.
- Increased school attendance (up to 40%) and workdays (up to 60%) due to lower disease rate.
- Reduction of firewood leads to significant annual savings